    SubjectRe: Regression in v4.20 with net phy soft reset changes

    On Thursday 10 January 2019 10:36 AM, Keerthy wrote:

    > On Thursday 10 January 2019 03:06 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> * Heiner Kallweit <hkallweit1@gmail.com> [190109 19:28]:
    >>>>
    >>> What kind of PHY and which PHY driver is used with this board?
    >>> I found one schematics of am437x where a KSZ9031RN PHY is used.
    >>> Is it the same on your board?
    >>
    >> Yes that's the phy.
    >>
    >>> As described in the commit message of this commit you would have
    >>> the option to implement the soft_reset callback in the PHY driver.
    >>> Can you try to add .soft_reset = genphy_soft_reset to the
    >>> KSZ9031 driver config in drivers/net/phy/micrel.c and check whether
    >>> it fixes the issue?
    >>
    >> Yes that seems to work based on a quick test of five suspend
    >> resume cycles.

    Removing Grygorii as the e-mail no longer exists

    To add to Tony's observations. I ran a 100 time suspend/resume adding the
    soft_reset hook to the phy_driver structs in drivers/net/phy/micrel.c and
    suspend/resume (DS0) works nicely.

    >> I wonder what all hardware this issue affects though?
    >>
    >> It's probably best that the network folks check what all
    >> hardare needs patching.
    >>
    >> For TI hardware, Sekhar and TI network folks, can you guys
    >> please check the various TI SoCs for multiple suspend resume
    >> cycles with v5.0-rc1 and patch accordingly? See also below
    >> for something else to check, 10 seconds to resume a phy
    >> seems very long to me :)

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Tony

      Last update: 2019-01-10 06:51    [W:3.216 / U:0.012 seconds]