    SubjectRe: POSIX violation by writeback error
    Date
    Rogier Wolff - 05.09.18, 09:08:
    > So when a mail queuer puts mail the mailq files and the mail processor
    > can get them out of there intact, nobody is going to notice. (I know
    > mail queuers should call fsync and report errors when that fails, but
    > there are bound to be applications where calling fsync is not
    > appropriate (*))

    AFAIK at least Postfix MDA only reports mail as being accepted over SMTP
    once fsync() on the mail file completed successfully. And I´d expect
    every sensible MDA to do this. I don´t know how Dovecot MDA which I
    currently use for sieve support does this tough.

    --
    Martin

      Last update: 2018-09-05 09:41    [W:4.022 / U:0.132 seconds]