SubjectGratuitous licenses are revocable (Solution to being barred from participation: revoke past contributions) (Code of Conduct) (Womyn in Tech)
Gratuitous licenses are revocable by the grantor.

Each of the gratis linux kernel contributors can revoke their license
grant (to the project or anyone else who did not pay consideration) at
their pleasure.

If and when they are ejected from kernel work, when the gift horse is
stared in the mouth for not being a feminist, or for not opposing
child-marraige-of-girls-to-men (allowed by YHWH in Devarim chapter 22
verse 28 (na'ar), also allowed by Sunni Islam, along with other good
pro-male religions) with sufficient vigor, or for not supporting other
aspects of the anglo-american religion... they should do so.

Bruce Perens: You stated you don't "need" stick-in-the-mud contributors
anymore. Yes you do: old stick-in-the-mud contributors who contributed
to projects without copyright-assignment can revoke their grant at will
and put into question the legality of said projects if they wish to.

You seem somewhat ignorant of US law...

> Bruce Perens wrote:
> I am 60 and I *can* deal with this. I have many things to get done, and
> can't afford to have the stick-in-the-mud guys on a project any longer.
> If
> you want to paint yourself into a corner, that is your right, but IMO
> it's
> a poor choice.

It is disgusting that you, Bruce Perens, express a will to treat gratis
contributors as if they were employees or servants of yourself: that the
moment you imagine that you do not rely on them anymore, you assert a
will to eject them because they do not follow your belief system. They
can and they should strike back against you in such a case, and against
all who attempt to impose upon them.

> Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Luckily on LKML he or she got almost no attention.
Sometimes silence is assent. You will notice that no one has refuted the
issue I have raised in any detail. Why do you think Moglen has had the
FSF collecting copyright assignments for decades? Did you really think
the publicly released story was all there was to it?

  Last update: 2018-09-24 18:05    [W:0.105 / U:0.024 seconds]