SubjectRe: Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.
On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:17 PM Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:

> People can decide who they want to respond to, but I'm going to gently
> suggest that before people think about responding to a particular
> e-mail, that they do a quick check using "git log --author=xyzzy@example.com"
> then decide how much someone appears to be a member of the community
> before deciding how and whether their thoughts are relevant.

How does this part apply to email addresses used to commit code?

* Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic
address, without explicit permission

It appears to me that this would conflict with the GPL since the GPL
granted the right to distribute (or even print it in a book) Linux and
Linux contains email addresses. This also seems contradictory with
the Reply button I used to send this email.

How do you reconcile working on a public project while keeping email
address secret?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@gmail.com

  Last update: 2018-09-22 01:32    [W:0.096 / U:1.296 seconds]