SubjectRecent removal of bsg read/write support
Note: I am not subscribed to LKML so please CC replies to this email.

Hi,

We have an internal tool that uses the bsg read/write interface to
issue SCSI commands as part of a test suite for a storage device.

After recently reading on LWN that this interface is to be removed we
tried porting our code to use sg instead. However, that raises new
issues - mainly getting ENOMEM over iSCSI for unknown reasons.

Because of this we would like to continue using the bsg interface,
even if some changes are required to meet security concerns.

Is there any chance for this removal to be reverted? I saw it was
already included in 4.19-rc1.

Regards,
Dror

  Last update: 2018-09-02 13:36    [W:0.079 / U:1.688 seconds]