SubjectRe: Custom Interrupt Handler for NMI
Date
Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 6:16 PM Jack Henschel <jack.henschel@mailbox.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> is it possible to register a custom interrupt handler for a NMI/PMI
>> Interrupt?
>
> I don't think so, though I'm not an expert in the area, so, I also
> might be interested to see the answer to this question.

Sure, register_nmi_handler().

>> In particular, I want to catch the Intel PT interrupt (generated by the
>> PMU and sent over the LAPIC) in a kernel module. Is such a thing possible?
>
> I'm not sure why do you need this, Cc'ed to PT driver author.

Thanks, Andy. I am indeed interested in all the different PT drivers out
there.

So far, I'm aware of the perf driver and an out of tree simple-pt. If
you end up with yet another one, do let me know.

Good luck,
--
Alex

  Last update: 2018-09-18 12:18    [W:0.026 / U:0.124 seconds]