SubjectRe: [RESEND 0/5] drm/mxsfb: Fix runtime PM for unpowering lcdif block
On 17.09.2018 12:16, Sean Paul wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 04:42:10PM +0300, Leonard Crestez wrote:
>> Adding lcdif nodes to a power domain currently doesn't work, it results
>> in black/corrupted screens or hangs. While the driver does enable
>> runtime pm it does not deal correctly with the block being unpowered.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> All patches in this series have review tags from a while ago and I
>> tested them again on top of next-20180913. No changes since last
>> version: https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/8/27/299
>>
>> This series stalled so I reached out to Marek on IRC and he was
>> surprised to be listed as maintainer
>
> Hopefully not too surprised since Marek added themself to MAINTAINERS when
> adding the driver :-)

There have been some confusion about the DRM development processes around the mxsfb already in the past.

I guess in general it would be quite clear: Marek as maintainer of mxsfb should pick up the patches and send a pull request to the next level of maintainer, which in DRM case would be David Airlie:

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/gfx-docs/maintainer-tools/repositories.html

> I suppose we should probably move this to drm-misc since it qualifies as a
> "small driver" and needs a home. Looking through git history shows the last
> mxsfb-specific change was back in 02/17. Everything else has been drm-wide
> refactors. Thoughts?
>
> Marek/Leonard: Care to sign up to be listed as a reviewers?

drm-misc seems to make sense. I volunteer to be listed as reviewer or co-maintainer.

I am actually maintainer for the DCU driver (another display controller IP used in NXP products). I should probably move that to drm-misc too...

--
Stefan

> Sean
>
>> and asked me to resend and add
>> Daniel Vetter.
>>
>> Perhaps it would help to clarify that the pengutronix people should feel
>> free to push patches in this area?
>>
>> Right now drm/imx is mostly for IPUv3 but there are other display output
>> paths on imx, such as the LCDIF supported by this driver. This LCDIF
>> block is included on imx8 so still quite relevant.
>>
>> Leonard Crestez (5):
>> drm/mxsfb: Move axi clk enable/disable to crtc enable/disable
>> drm/mxsfb: Fix initial corrupt frame when activating display
>> drm/mxsfb: Add pm_runtime calls to pipe_enable/disable
>> drm/mxsfb: Add PM_SLEEP support
>> drm/mxsfb: Switch to drm_atomic_helper_commit_tail_rpm
>>
>> drivers/gpu/drm/mxsfb/mxsfb_crtc.c | 53 +++++++++++++++++++-----------
>> drivers/gpu/drm/mxsfb/mxsfb_drv.c | 40 ++++++++++++++++++++++
>> 2 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
>>
>> --
>> 2.17.1

  Last update: 2018-09-18 01:38    [W:0.571 / U:0.260 seconds]