    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/4] Virtio uses DMA API for all devices
    On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 07:09:09PM -0500, Jiandi An wrote:
    > For virtio device we have to pass in iommu_platform=true flag for
    > this to set the VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM flag. But for example
    > QEMU has the use of iommu_platform attribute disabled for virtio-gpu
    > device. So would also like to move towards not having to specify
    > the VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM flag.

    Specifying VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM is the right thing for your
    platform given that you can't directly use physical addresses.
    Please fix qemu so that virtio-gpu works with VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM.

    Also just as I said for the power folks: you should really work with
    the qemu folks that VIRTIO_F_IOMMU_PLATFORM (or whatever we call the
    properly documented flag) can be set by default, and no pointless
    performance overhead is implied by having a sane and simple
    implementation.

      Last update: 2018-09-10 08:21    [W:5.359 / U:0.004 seconds]