SubjectRE: USB type-C altmode support for UCSI
Date

Be really careful flashing to "upstream firmware" when it comes to PD
controllers. The configuration is usually tied to behavior of the firmware
on there and on in some instances can be modified at runtime via various
mechanisms.

> (b) the Dell USB PD controller doesn't try to negotiate the altmode even
> with
> advertised VDO:0x00000001. Something else is missing in the
> configuration.
>
> --
> whitequark

I did inquire to folks who work on PD (not for this notebook)
and they told me that that indeed it's likely it's an alt mode bit missing in
the configuration.

Also they had said it would be interesting to know if anything newer suffers
this same fault (such as XPS 9370 or Precision 5530).

I'll reach out to the right folks for this system to see if we can get that changed,
but this will take some time, so don't expect a quick turnaround.

  Last update: 2018-09-10 23:26    [W:0.071 / U:0.080 seconds]