SubjectRe: [RFC] perf annotate: option to report global percentage
Hi Jiri,
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 2:21 AM Jiri Olsa <jolsa@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:25:39AM +0200, Jiri Olsa wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 02:55:14PM -0700, Stephane Eranian wrote:
> > > Hi Jiri,
> > >
> > > As far as I know, once you go into annotate mode, via perf report TUI
> > > mode, the percentage you see per instruction is relative to the
> > > function. I would like the option to display the total percentage,
> > > i..e, the importance of the instruction for the entire run. Right now,
> > > if I want that, I need to do function_percentage * insn_percentage by
> > > hand. This is not convenient. Having a key toggle would be very
> > > useful, worst case a cmdline option.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > hi,
> > that should be simple to add, we already have the 'F' in the
> > main browser window to toggle among full/filtered scale
> >
> > I'll try to add something similar for annotation window
>
> sry for delay, I was out last week
>
> I put something together and pushed it in here:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jolsa/perf.git
> perf/annotate_percent
>
> there's the 'p' key to switch between local and global period
> I haven't added any command line option for stdio yet
>
> I'll have more testing and post later but any feedback
> now would be great

Tested your code on a few examples and it seems to work well. Looks nice!
Thanks.
PS: I'll have more small requests coming based on user feedback and my
personal experience.

> thanks,
> jirka

  Last update: 2018-08-03 09:29    [W:0.076 / U:0.172 seconds]