SubjectRe: framebuffer corruption due to overlapping stp instructions on arm64
On 3 August 2018 at 08:35, Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018, Matt Sealey wrote:
>
>> The easiest explanation for this would be that the memory isn?t mapped
>> correctly. You can?t use PCIe memory spaces with anything other than
>> Device-nGnRE or stricter mappings. That?s just differences between the
>> AMBA and PCIe (posted/unposted) memory models.

Whoa hold on there.

Are you saying we cannot have PCIe BAR windows with memory semantics on ARM?

Most accelerated graphics drivers rely heavily on the ability to map
the VRAM normal-non-cacheable (ioremap_wc, basically), and treat it as
ordinary memory.