SubjectRe: Linux 4.19-rc1
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 02:56:32PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 6:45 AM Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net> wrote:
> >
> > Build results:
> > total: 132 pass: 129 fail: 3
>
> Thanks for running these. Looks like everything but the sparc thing is
> under control, and the sparc thing might be one of those "big builds
> don't work on sparc" ;(

In general I would agree. On the other side, someone who knows sparc
assembler should be able to fix the problem. sparc is notorious for
failing allmodconfig builds, mostly due to its separate devicetree
implementation. On top of that, many allmodconfig builds already fail,
often for minor reasons such as duplicate symbols or missing exports.
Dropping sparc:allmodconfig will cause sparc builds to deteriorate,
and we'll lose valuable build feedback. On the plus side,
sparc64:allmodconfig still builds, but that doesn't cover 32/64 bit
differences.

I'll monitor the situation for a while and stop building sparc:allmodconfig
if the problem isn't fixed around -rc7.

Guenter

  Last update: 2018-08-28 18:02    [W:0.068 / U:0.028 seconds]