SubjectRe: [patch V2 7/7] scripts: Add SPDX checker script
On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 4:38 PM Philippe Ombredanne
<pombredanne@nexb.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 10:30 PM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:
> > The SPDX-License-Identifiers are growing in the kernel and so grow
> > expression failures and license IDs are used which have no corresponding
> > license text file in the LICENSES directory.
> >
> > Add a script which gathers information from the LICENSES directory,
> > i.e. the various tags in the licenses and exception files and then scans
> > either input from stdin, which it treats as a single file or if started
> > without arguments it scans the full kernel tree.
> >
> > It checks whether the license expression syntax is correct and also
> > validates whether the license identifiers used in the expressions are
> > available in the LICENSES files.
>
> Looking good to me! And the use of ply is sleek.

For the record (currently Google doesn't find this issue yet):

ImportError: No module named ply

$ sudo apt-get install python-ply

ImportError: No module named git

$ sudo apt-get install python-git

Works!

Apparently I didn't have any of these two packages installed on any of my
Ubuntu 18.04LTS and 16.04LTS machines...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds

  Last update: 2018-08-28 11:19    [W:0.224 / U:0.176 seconds]