SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] XArray for 4.19
On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 07:09:31PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 9:14 AM Matthew Wilcox <willy@infradead.org> wrote:
> >
> > Please consider pulling the XArray patch set.
>
> So this merge window has been horrible, but I was just about to start
> looking at it.
>
> And no. I'm not going to pull this.
>
> For some unfathomable reason, you have based it on the libnvdimm tree.
> I don't understand at all wjhy you did that.

I said in the pull request ...

There are two conflicts I wanted to flag; the first is against the
linux-nvdimm tree. I rebased on top of one of the branches that went
into that tree, so if you pull my tree before linux-nvdimm, you'll get
fifteen commits I've had no involvement with.

Dan asked me to do that so that his commit (which I had no involvement
with) would be easier to backport. At the time I thought this was a
reasonable request; I know this API change is disruptive and I wanted
to accommodate that. I didn't know his patch was "complete garbage";
I didn't review it.

So, should I have based just on your tree and sent you a description of
what a resolved conflict should look like?

> And since I won't be merging this, I clearly won't be merging your
> other pull request that depended on this either.

I can yank most of the patches (all but the last two, iirc) out of the
IDA patchset and submit those as a separate pull request. Would that
be acceptable? I'm really struggling to juggle all the pieces here to
get them merged.

  Last update: 2018-08-22 04:51    [W:0.111 / U:0.156 seconds]