    SubjectRe: Redoing eXclusive Page Frame Ownership (XPFO) with isolated CPUs in mind (for KVM to isolate its guests per CPU)
    On 08/20/2018 03:35 PM, Tycho Andersen wrote:
    > Since meltdown hit, I haven't worked seriously on understand and
    > implementing his suggestions, in part because it wasn't clear to me
    > what pieces of the infrastructure we might be able to re-use. Someone
    > who knows more about mm/ might be able to suggest an approach, though

    Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's much of KPTI we can reuse. KPTI
    still has a very static kernel map (well, two static kernel maps) and
    XPFO really needs a much more dynamic map.

    We do have a bit of infrastructure now to do TLB flushes near the kernel
    exit point, but it's entirely for the user address space, which isn't
    affected by XPFO.

      Last update: 2018-08-21 01:00    [W:3.520 / U:1.384 seconds]