SubjectRe: framebuffer corruption due to overlapping stp instructions on arm64
I tried to use a PCIe graphics card on the MacchiatoBIN board and I hit a <br>
strange problem.<br>
When I use the links browser in graphics mode on the framebuffer, I get <br>
occasional pixel corruption. Links does memcpy, memset and 4-byte writes <br>
on the framebuffer - nothing else.<br>
I found out that the pixel corruption is caused by overlapping unaligned <br>
stp instructions inside memcpy. In order to avoid branching, the arm64 <br>
memcpy implementation may write the same destination twice with different <br>
alignment. If I put &quot;dmb sy&quot; between the overlapping stp instructions, the <br>
pixel corruption goes away.<br>
This seems like a hardware bug. Is it a known errata? Do you have any <br>
workarounds for it?<br>
I tried AMD card (HD 6350) and NVidia (NVS 285) and both exhibit the same <br>
corruption. OpenGL doesn&#39;t work (it results in artifacts on the AMD card <br>
and lock-up on the NVidia card), but it&#39;s quite expected if even simple <br>
writing to the framebuffer doesn&#39;t work.<br>
Mikulas<br>

  Last update: 2018-08-02 22:50    [W:1.814 / U:1.536 seconds]