Subject[GIT PULL] RISC-V Updates for the 4.19 Merge Window
From
I remember having sent this on Wednesday, but for some reason I don't see it in
your tree or my outbox so I might be crazy. I was planning submitting some
more patches next week anyway, so while I'm OK just rolling these up as well
it'd be slightly easier if we can get these into -rc1 so we can test them.

Sorry!

The following changes since commit 94710cac0ef4ee177a63b5227664b38c95bbf703:

Linux 4.18 (2018-08-12 13:41:04 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/palmer/riscv-linux.git tags/riscv-for-linus-4.19-mw0

for you to fetch changes up to 627672cf431b0379c07cc8d146f907cda6797222:

dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: SiFive Plaform Level Interrupt Controller (2018-08-13 09:39:11 -0700)

RISC-V Updates for the 4.19 Merge Window

This tag contains some major improvements to the RISC-V port, including
the necessary interrupt controller and timer support to actually make it
to userspace. Support for three devices has been added:

* Support for the ISA-mandated timers on RISC-V systems.
* Support for the ISA-mandated first-level interrupt controller on
RISC-V systems, which is handled as part of our core arch code because
it's very small and tightly tied to the ISA.
* Support for SiFive's platform-level interrupt controller, which talks
to the actual devices.

In addition to these new devices, there are a handful of cleanups all
over the RISC-V tree:

* Build fixes for various configurations
* A fix to the vDSO build's makefile so it respects CFLAGS.
* The addition of __lshrti3, a libgcc derived function necessary for
some 32-bit configurations.
* !SMP && PERF_EVENTS
* Cleanups to the arch code to remove the remnants of old versions of
the drivers that were just properly submitted.
* Some dead code from the timer driver, most of which wasn't ever
even compiled.
* Cleanups of some interrupt #defines, which are now local to the
interrupt handling code.
* Fixes to ptrace(), which while not being sufficient to fully make GDB
work are at least sufficient to get simple GDB tasks to work.
* Early printk support via RISC-V's architecturally mandated SBI console
device.
* A fix to our early debug trap handler to ensure it's always aligned.

These patches have all been through a fairly extensive review process,
but as this enables a whole pile of functionality (ie, userspace) I'm
confident we'll need to submit a few more patches. The only concrete
issues I know about are the sys_riscv_flush_icache patches, but as I
managed to screw those up on Friday I figured it'd be best to let them
bake another week.

This tag boots a Fedora root filesystem on QEMU's master branch for me,
and before this morning's rebase (from 4.18-rc8 to 4.18) it booted on
the HiFive Unleashed.

Thanks to Christoph Hellwig and the other guys at WD for getting the new
drivers in shape!

Alex Guo (1):
RISC-V: implement __lshrti3.

Atish Patra (1):
RISC-V: Fix !CONFIG_SMP compilation error

Christoph Hellwig (6):
RISC-V: remove timer leftovers
RISC-V: simplify software interrupt / IPI code
RISC-V: remove INTERRUPT_CAUSE_* defines from asm/irq.h
RISC-V: add a definition for the SIE SEIE bit
RISC-V: implement low-level interrupt handling
irqchip: add a SiFive PLIC driver

Jim Wilson (1):
RISC-V: Don't increment sepc after breakpoint.

Palmer Dabbelt (5):
RISC-V: Use KBUILD_CFLAGS instead of KCFLAGS when building the vDSO
RISC-V: Add early printk support via the SBI console
clocksource: new RISC-V SBI timer driver
dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: RISC-V local interrupt controller
dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: SiFive Plaform Level Interrupt Controller

Zong Li (1):
RISC-V: Add the directive for alignment of stvec's value

.../interrupt-controller/riscv,cpu-intc.txt | 44 ++++
.../interrupt-controller/sifive,plic-1.0.0.txt | 58 +++++
arch/riscv/Makefile | 3 +
arch/riscv/configs/defconfig | 1 +
arch/riscv/include/asm/csr.h | 1 +
arch/riscv/include/asm/irq.h | 5 +-
arch/riscv/include/asm/perf_event.h | 1 +
arch/riscv/include/asm/smp.h | 6 -
arch/riscv/kernel/entry.S | 4 +-
arch/riscv/kernel/head.S | 2 +
arch/riscv/kernel/irq.c | 55 ++++-
arch/riscv/kernel/perf_event.c | 1 -
arch/riscv/kernel/setup.c | 27 +++
arch/riscv/kernel/smp.c | 6 +-
arch/riscv/kernel/smpboot.c | 1 -
arch/riscv/kernel/time.c | 30 +--
arch/riscv/kernel/traps.c | 1 -
arch/riscv/kernel/vdso/Makefile | 4 +-
arch/riscv/lib/Makefile | 1 +
arch/riscv/lib/tishift.S | 42 ++++
drivers/clocksource/Kconfig | 11 +
drivers/clocksource/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/clocksource/riscv_timer.c | 105 +++++++++
drivers/irqchip/Kconfig | 12 +
drivers/irqchip/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/irqchip/irq-sifive-plic.c | 260 +++++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/cpuhotplug.h | 1 +
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interrupt-controller/riscv,cpu-intc.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/interrupt-controller/sifive,plic-1.0.0.txt
create mode 100644 arch/riscv/lib/tishift.S
create mode 100644 drivers/clocksource/riscv_timer.c
create mode 100644 drivers/irqchip/irq-sifive-plic.c

  Last update: 2018-08-17 22:28    [W:0.372 / U:0.212 seconds]