SubjectRE: how to fix acpi_pci_root_remap_iospace?
Date
>> - Some targets don't have any support for I/O space on their PCI bus and just
>> want to get things to compile by setting PCI_IOBASE to zero, this still opens
>> up some of the same problems as above, but doesn't really help otherwise.

That sounds horrible. Why would you want to have a driver that can't possibly
work on your platform compile cleanly? That's just asking for trouble. Sombody
might load that driver, and ... all the outb/outw/outl calls just corrupt low memory.

> Hm, maybe it's just easier to revert the patch since we got rid of
> patches adding COMPILE_TEST to drivers which were using read/writesl()
> (it turned out ia64 and sparc were not the only archs to not implement
> readsx/writesx() variants, and fixing them is not that easy).

That sounds like a better course of action.

-Tony

  Last update: 2018-08-17 17:57    [W:0.090 / U:0.616 seconds]