SubjectRe: lspci: Display path to device

On 12/08/18 04:31 AM, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> I pondered asking Logan to change his parser to include the bus number
> as a solution, but then I remembered the entire point of this is to make
> specifying a device robust against bus number assignmnet changes. I suppose
> we could have the parser accept and ignore the bus number ...

Yes, exactly. Bjorn's already accepted the series but we could add
support for ignored bus letters in another patch if we want. I just
think that might be confusing when you end up in a situation where the
path includes numbers that no longer actually match the actual addresses
after the bus numbers change.

Thanks,

Logan

  Last update: 2018-08-13 17:56    [W:0.043 / U:0.588 seconds]