SubjectRe: [patch v3 -mm 3/6] mm, memcg: add hierarchical usage oom policy
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, David Rientjes wrote:

> > And "tree" is different. It actually changes how the selection algorithm works,
> > and sub-tree settings do matter in this case.
> >

> "Tree" is considering the entity as a single indivisible memory consumer,
> it is compared with siblings based on its hierarhical usage. It has
> cgroup oom policy.
>
> It would be possible to separate this out, if you'd prefer, to account
> an intermediate cgroup as the largest descendant or the sum of all
> descendants. I hadn't found a usecase for that, however, but it doesn't
> mean there isn't one. If you'd like, I can introduce another tunable.

Roman, I'm trying to make progress so that the cgroup aware oom killer is
in a state that it can be merged. Would you prefer a second tunable here
to specify a cgroup's points includes memory from its subtree?

It would be helpful if you would also review the rest of the patchset.

  Last update: 2018-07-23 22:34    [W:0.148 / U:0.056 seconds]