Subject[RFC 0/3] PCI: Granular hotplug memory/io reservation
Date
This series granularizes hotplug memory/io reservations to allow different
reservations by-id/by-path. It does this by expanding the kernel boot
parameters pci=hpmemsize= and pci=hpiosize=.

Patch 1/3:
Changes the hpmemsize behavior between occupied and non-occupied slots,
where occupied slots were being reserved their current allocation size
in addition to the hpmemsize parameter. Following this patch, both
occupied and non-occupied slots receive the same reservation and the
current allocation size of the occupied slots is considered as part of
the hotplug reservation.

I have an additional patch which does this for hpiosize, however I
don't have any compatible hotplug hardware requiring IO. I could
synthesize it to test, but I am also not aware of requirements other
users may have for additional IO.

Patch 2/3:
Adds the format parsing for hpmemsize and hpiosize. Please see the log
and 3/3 for documentation.

Additionally I've noticed there's some overlap in Logan's ACS set with
respect to format and device matching. Maybe this is something that can
be refactored into common code once one is accepted.

Patch 3/3:
Documents the new expanded formats

Jon Derrick (3):
PCI: Equalize hotplug memory for non/occupied slots
PCI: Granularize hpmemsize and hpiosize per-id/path
docs: Document the expanded hp{io,mem}size interface

Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt | 21 +-
drivers/pci/pci.c | 253 +++++++++++++++++++++++-
drivers/pci/setup-bus.c | 44 +++--
include/linux/pci.h | 21 +-

1.8.3.1

  Last update: 2018-07-17 23:43    [W:0.052 / U:0.136 seconds]