SubjectRe: [Ksummit-discuss] bug-introducing patches
Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 9 May 2018 20:47:27 +1000
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2018 18:03:46 +0900 Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org> wrote:

> > > Since Stephen merges all -fixes branches first, before merging all the
> > > -next branches, he already generates that as part of linux-next. All
> > > he'd need to do is push that intermediate state out to some
> > > linux-fixes branch for consumption by test bots.
>
> Good idea ... I will see what I can do.
>
> > True. It's currently only those -fixes branches that people have asked
> > him to merge separately which isn't as big a proportion of trees as have
> > them (perhaps fortunately given people's enthusiasm for fixes branches
> > that don't merge cleanly with their development branches) so we'd also
> > need to encourage people to add them separately.
>
> I currently have 44 such fixes branches. More welcome!

I see that the nand/fixes and spi-nor/fixes branch are already there [1].
You can add:

mtd-fixes git git://git.infradead.org/linux-mtd.git#master

You can also remove the mtd entry [2], since mtd-2.6.git is just a sym
link to linux-mtd.git, so it will just be a duplicate of the mtd-fixes
entry. You can also rename the l2-mtd entry [3] into mtd.

Regards,

Boris

[1]https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next/+/43cd1f4979998ba0ef1c0b8e1c5d23d2de5ab172/Next/Trees#41
[2]https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next/+/43cd1f4979998ba0ef1c0b8e1c5d23d2de5ab172/Next/Trees#155
[3]https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next/+/43cd1f4979998ba0ef1c0b8e1c5d23d2de5ab172/Next/Trees#156

  Last update: 2018-05-09 21:36    [W:0.190 / U:0.404 seconds]