    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-discuss] bug-introducing patches
    Date
    On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 07:42:17AM +0900, Mark Brown wrote:
    >On Wed, May 02, 2018 at 08:52:29PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
    >
    >> As for -next, me and others stopped reporting bugs in it, because when we do
    >> we tend to get flamed for the "noise". Is anyone aware (or cares) that mips
    >> and nds32 images don't build ? Soaking clothes in an empty bathtub won't make
    >> them wet, and bugs in code which no one builds, much less tests or uses, won't
    >> be found.
    >
    >You've been flamed for testing -next? That's not been my experience and
    >frankly it's pretty horrifying that it's happening. Testing is pretty
    >much the whole point of -next existing in the first place so you have to
    >wonder why people are putting their trees there if they don't want
    >testing. I have seen a few issues with people reporting bugs on old
    >versions of -next but otherwise...

    This is just wrong, what else is -next for?

    FWIW, our (MSFT) testing folks should now be reporting issues they see
    on our -next testing pipeline directly to LKML. There's not much volume
    there given that the 0-day bot catches most of the issues anyways, but
    we sometimes see odd regressions given that no one else seems to test
    Linux on Hyper-V but us :)

      Last update: 2018-05-08 04:39    [W:2.093 / U:0.024 seconds]