SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the irqchip tree with the arm-soc tree
Hi Marc

On 05/29/2018 09:47 AM, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 29/05/18 08:41, Alexandre Torgue wrote:
>> Hi Stephen
>>
>> On 05/29/2018 07:52 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Today's linux-next merge of the irqchip tree got a conflict in:
>>>
>>> arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157c.dtsi
>>>
>>> between commit:
>>>
>>> 3c00436fdb20 ("ARM: dts: stm32: add USBPHYC support to stm32mp157c")
>>>
>>> from the arm-soc tree and commit:
>>>
>>> 5f0e9d2557d7 ("ARM: dts: stm32: Add exti support for stm32mp157c")
>>>
>>> from the irqchip tree.
>>>
>>> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
>>> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
>>> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
>>> is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
>>> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
>>> complex conflicts.
>>>

>> Thanks for the fix (I will reorder nodes in a future patch). My opinion
>> is that all STM32 DT patches should come through my STM32 tree. It is my
>> role to fix this kind of conflicts. I thought it was a common rule
>> (driver patches go to sub-system maintainer tree and DT to the Machine
>> maintainer). For incoming next-series which contain DT+driver patches I
>> will indicate clearly that I take DT patch. I'm right ?
> Happy to oblige. Can you make sure you sync up with Ludovic and define
> what you want to do?

Sorry I don't understand your reply. I just say that for series
containing DT patches + drivers patches, to my point of view it is more
safe that driver patches are taken by sub-system maintainer (you in this
case) and that I take DT patches in my tree.

> In the meantime, I'm dropping the series altogether.

Why? We could keep it as Stephen fixed the merge issue.

> Thanks,
>
> M.

  Last update: 2018-05-29 10:18    [W:0.046 / U:2.480 seconds]