SubjectRe: doc: Italian translation
On Sun, 27 May 2018 16:55:55 +0200
Federico Vaga <federico.vaga@vaga.pv.it> wrote:

> here the doc-guide translated in Italian. This set of patches includes
> some minor changes to the main one. The idea of this first set of patches
> is also to adjust the structure and our expectations.

I've only done a quick scan so far. It looks reasonable, but I have a
couple of requests:

- Please include a proper changelog with each patch describing what the
patch does and why. Otherwise I'll have to fill them in, and that
makes me grumpy...:)

- You might as well add a MAINTAINERS entry. The other translations
don't have them, but they should.

- For extra credit: it's time to move the translations out of the
top-level index into an index.rst in the translations directory. Then
the top-level file can have a single pointer to the translations.

> We tried to translate everything in **Italian**; which means that we avoided
> imported English words wherever there is the possibility to use the Italian
> ones. Of course, this is not always possible, or worst doing the translation
> make it less clear, for example the word "file".

"We"? Is there somebody else's work represented here too? If so, they
should appear in the signoff chain (or as a Co-developed-by credit).

> Another point. I noticed that the disclaimer for other translations is
> in English, so I did the same. But actually shouldn't be in Italian, since
> that page will be read by Italian speakers?

Perhaps, though part of the idea is to give the English speakers, too,
some vague clue of what they're looking at.

Thanks,

jon

  Last update: 2018-05-28 15:09    [W:0.038 / U:0.164 seconds]