Subjectled: hw-trigger, global brightness and multi-colored leds
Hello,

on the Turris Omnia[1] the LEDs are controllable via an i2c device. Each
LED can be either in "manual mode" or in a mode I'd call "native mode"
which is the default. In this native mode the LED being on or off
depends on an input line that is controlled by another hardware. So a
LED signals for example activity on the WAN ethernet port without any
software intervention, but can be used as a normal LED, too, when in
"manual mode" where it can be switched on and off by a register write.

Another feature of the LED device is that there is a global brightness
register that influences all LED's brightness (if on) independent of the
operating mode.

Further the color of each LED can be set to an RGB triplet.

Now I wonder how to match these two features to the LED device model. Do
you have an idea? The first one is the most important one, as the
brightness and color can simply be ignored for a first driver, but I'd
rater not loose the "native mode".

Best regards
Uwe

[1] https://omnia.turris.cz/en/

  Last update: 2018-05-02 17:13    [W:0.092 / U:0.412 seconds]