SubjectRe: make xmldocs failed with error after 4.17 merge period
On Fri, 2018-04-06 at 13:38 +0200, Markus Heiser wrote:

> Sorry, not yet. Johannes started a discussion about this. Its a long
> time ago and I do not have any new ideas yet :/ see:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-doc@vger.kernel.org/msg07035.html

I still think the tools themselves don't matter all that much, as long
as there aren't totally onerous requirements. I'd argue pretty much
everything available on a modern distro would be OK provided we have a
reasonable fallback (e.g. to ASCII as I had even written), along with
some sort of documentation of dependencies, or perhaps better, some
command line option to gather the info dynamically.

But then again, I've already said pretty much this a year and a half ago
and most people seemed more interested in some kind of purity argument
than having better documentation :-)

johannes

  Last update: 2018-04-07 21:19    [W:0.888 / U:1.192 seconds]