SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 4.17-rc1
On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 19:50:26 +0200,
Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:27 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:
> >
> > This became a large update. The changes are scattered widely,
> > and majority of them are attributed to ASoC componentization.
> > The gitk output made me dizzy, but it's slightly better than
> > London tube.
>
> The patter with empty pointless merges from Mark Brown continues.
>
> Mark, we talked about this already. YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING HORRIBLY
> WRONG. You already admitted to automated merging, I already told you
> not to do that.
>
> Stop it already.
>
> I'm going to ask Takashi to stop pulling stuff from you, and *I* am
> going to stop pulling stuff from you, as long as you have these
> idiotic automated daily empty merges.
>
> I'm attaching a screenshot of part of this to give as an example of
> what I see when I pull.

Argh, it's my fault that I overlooked that part, sorry.
The recent merges were still complex (extremely fine-split branches)
but they were no empty merges. Then I seem to have overlooked the
middle carelessly.

All the empty merges were during my previous vacation, so it must have
been the leftover of the previous bad pull request. Oh well.

Takashi

> STOP MERGING THE SAME BRANCHES OVER AND OVER AGAIN, DAMMIT!
>
> If you have merged a branch once, don't do it again tomorrow.
>
> I have pulled this, but I won't pull this kind idiotic mess again.
>
> Linus

  Last update: 2018-04-05 20:18    [W:0.065 / U:0.020 seconds]