SubjectRe: [RFC net-next 0/5] Support for PHY test modes
On 04/30/2018 09:40 AM, Andrew Lunn wrote:
>> Turning these tests on will typically result in the link partner
>> dropping the link with us, and the interface will be non-functional as
>> far as the data path is concerned (similar to an isolation mode). This
>> might warrant properly reporting that to user-space through e.g: a
>> private IFF_* value maybe?
>
> Hi Florian
>
> I've not looked at the code yet....
>
> Is it also necessary to kick off auto-neg again after the test has
> finished, in order to reestablish the link?

It would yes. Right now there is a test mode exposed named "normal"
which really, means: bring back to the PHY to an operation state. This
state likely does not belong here and we would have to introduce flags
instead such as start and stop the test instead.

Please review the patches when we get a chance, because I suspect this
is not the only issue they have ;)
--
Florian

  Last update: 2018-04-30 21:24    [W:0.088 / U:0.144 seconds]