SubjectRe: RTL8723BE performance regression
On 04/03/2018 09:37 PM, João Paulo Rechi Vita wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@lwfinger.net> wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>> As the antenna selection code changes affected your first bisection, do you
>> have one of those HP laptops with only one antenna and the incorrect coding
>> in the FUSE?
>
> Yes, that is why I've been passing ant_sel=1 during my tests -- this
> was needed to achieve a good performance in the past, before this
> regression. I've also opened the laptop chassis and confirmed the
> antenna cable is plugged to the connector labeled with "1" on the
> card.
>
>> If so, please make sure that you still have the same signal
>> strength for good and bad cases. I have tried to keep the driver and the
>> btcoex code in sync, but there may be some combinations of antenna
>> configuration and FUSE contents that cause the code to fail.
>>

> What is the recommended way to monitor the signal strength?

The btcoex code is developed for multiple platforms by a different group than
the Linux driver. I think they made a change that caused ant_sel to switch from
1 to 2. At least numerous comments at github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new claimed
they needed to make that change.

Mhy recommended method is to verify the wifi device name with "iw dev". Then
using that device

sudo iw dev <dev_name> scan | egrep "SSID|signal"

Larry

  Last update: 2018-04-04 04:52    [W:0.082 / U:0.044 seconds]