    SubjectRe: Linux messages full of `random: get_random_u32 called from`
    On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 01:22:02PM -0700, Sultan Alsawaf wrote:
    > > Hmm, it looks like the multiuser startup is getting blocked on snapd:
    > >
    > > 29.060s snapd.service
    > >
    > > graphical.target @1min 32.145s
    > > └─multi-user.target @1min 32.145s
    > > └─hddtemp.service @6.512s +28ms
    > > └─network-online.target @6.508s
    > > └─NetworkManager-wait-online.service @2.428s +4.079s
    > > └─NetworkManager.service @2.016s +404ms
    > > └─dbus.service @1.869s
    > > └─basic.target @1.824s
    > > └─sockets.target @1.824s
    > > └─snapd.socket @1.821s +1ms
    > > └─sysinit.target @1.812s
    > > └─apparmor.service @587ms +1.224s
    > > └─local-fs.target @585ms
    > > └─local-fs-pre.target @585ms
    > > └─keyboard-setup.service @235ms +346ms
    > > └─systemd-journald.socket @226ms
    > > └─system.slice @225ms
    > > └─-.slice @220ms
    > >
    > > This appears to be some kind of new package management system for
    > > Ubuntu:
    > >
    > > Description-en: Tool to interact with Ubuntu Core Snappy.
    > > Install, configure, refresh and remove snap packages. Snaps are
    > > 'universal' packages that work across many different Linux systems,
    > > enabling secure distribution of the latest apps and utilities for
    > > cloud, servers, desktops and the internet of things.
    > >
    > > Why it the Ubuntu package believes it needs to be fully started before
    > > the login screen can display is unclear to me. It might be worth
    > > using systemctl to disable snapd.serivce and see if that makes things
    > > work better for you.
    > >
    > > - Ted
    >
    > I removed snapd completely which did nothing.
    >
    > Here are new logs:
    > systemd-analyze blame: https://hastebin.com/edehikuyeb.css
    > systemd-analyze critical-chain: https://hastebin.com/vedufafema.pl
    > dmesg: https://hastebin.com/zuwuwoxadu.vbs
    >
    > I should also note that leaving the system untouched does not result in it booting: I must
    > provide a source of entropy, otherwise it just stays stuck. In both of the dmesgs I've given, I

    We have observed a similiar problem with libvirt. As soon as entropy is
    provided the boot finishes otherwise it hangs for a long time.
    This is not happening with v4.17-rc1 afaict.

    Christian

    > manually provided entropy to the system after about 5 minutes of waiting.
    >
    > Also, regardless of what's hanging on CRNG init, CRNG should be able to init on its own in a timely
    > manner without the need for user-provided entropy. Userspace was working fine before the recent CRNG
    > kernel changes, so I don't think this is a userspace bug.
    >
    > -Sultan

      Last update: 2018-04-26 22:48    [W:5.288 / U:0.188 seconds]