SubjectRe: [RFC 1/2] iommu/arm-smmu-v3: Remove bypass in arm_smmu_reset_device
Hi Robin,

Thanks for your comment!
On 2018/4/24 0:07, Robin Murphy wrote:
> On 23/04/18 12:45, Yisheng Xie wrote:
>> Add a bypass parameter in arm_smmu_device to keep whether smmu device
>> should pypass or not, so parameter bypass in arm_smmu_reset_device can
>> be removed.
>
> Given that the GBPA configuration implied by the bypass argument here
> is only there to avoid initialising a full stream table when the firmware
> is terminally broken, I wonder if it would make sense to simply skip
> allocating a stream table at all in that case. Then we could just base
> the subsequent SMMUEN/GPBA decision on whether strtab_cfg.strtab is valid or not.

Yes, it may save many memory, and should be care about not access strtab when attach
device or other similar scenario, anyway software can achieve this after move bypass
to struct arm_smmu_device.

Thanks
Yisheng
> Robin.

  Last update: 2018-04-24 13:58    [W:0.056 / U:1.396 seconds]