SubjectRe: [patch 0/9] LICENSES: Add missing License Text and fixup bogus identifiers
On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:02:08AM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > There are a few bogus SPDX identifiers in various files and SPDX
> > Identifiers used in tree or about to be used which have no corresponding
> > License Text file in the LICENSES directory or use the new variant of the
> > GPL-2.0[+] license identifiers which are not mentioned in the GPL-2.0
> > Valid-License-Identifiers: tags.
> >
> > The following series cleans that up:
> >
> > - Use the proper identifiers
> >
> > - Add GPL-2.0-only and GPL-2.0-or-later identifiers to the GPL2.0 license
> >
> > - Add X11, Apache-2.0, CC-BY-SA-4.0, CCDL-1.0, Linux-OpenIB license texts
> > to the LICENSES directory along with the required documentation texts
>
> I'm thinking we need a script to keep these in check, right? Does
> checkpatch.pl handle knowing what the "currently good" list of license
> tags are, or should we just use a separate script to parse the LICENSES/
> directory to get that list?

checkpatch.pl does not know about it. I have a python script which does the
parsing of the LICENSES directory and checks against every file in the
tree. I need to make that work with patches. I'm not sure whether
checkpatch.pl should grow all the parser knowledge, I guess it can just
invoke the script and be done with it.

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2018-04-23 09:35    [W:0.165 / U:0.192 seconds]