SubjectRe: 4.16-rc3 fails to resume on MacBookPro10,1 -
On Sat 2018-03-03 11:00:28, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 10:24 AM, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
> > Hi!

> >> By plugging in a USB keyboard I can get sysrq stuff to work - but
> >> stupidly the kernel disables all the useful ones so I will have to
> >> compile a new kernel with it set to 1 so I can get some traces.
> >> Really annoyed by this default setting, presumably from debian?
> >> Wished there was a boot command line option to configure the allowed
> > options.
> >
> > So hibernation is broken on x86-64?
> >
> > Ideas for debugging:
> >
> > 1) get that sysrq to work, backtrace where it is hung would be very
> > useful.
> >
> > 2) try v4.15.
>
> That one works for me FWIW.
>
> > 3) try without KPTI enabled. Probably noone knows how it interacts
> > with that...
> >
> > (And 4), we should really start doing some periodic testing of hibernation).
>
> I do that, but the period is not particularly short ...

Ok, I've just tested linux-next, and it works ok for me on thinkpad
x60. (But that's probably rather different configuration from the
macbook).

Unfortunately, I could not deduce anything useful from the
backtraces. Andrew, could you try v4.15 with KPTI disabled ?

Thanks,
Pavel

  Last update: 2018-03-03 21:45    [W:1.152 / U:0.484 seconds]