SubjectRe: Unknown symbols in module (iio)
[adding linux-iio mailing list]

Hi,

It's always a good idea to include the kernel version in a problem report.

On 03/05/2018 03:17 AM, Srishti Sharma wrote:
> Hello,
> I was trying to work with the iio dummy driver, and when I try to load
> the iio_dummy_evgen.ko module I am getting unknown symbols found in
> module error on running modprobe.
>
> These variables are unknown
> iio_bus_type >>> in industrialio-core
> irq_sim_init >>> in iio_dummy_evgen
> irq_sim_fini >>> same
> irq_sim_fire >>> same
> irq_sim_fini >>> [duplicate]

I tested this using Linux 4.16-rc5. As long as I manually load all
modules in the needed order, they will all load with no symbol problems.

> All of these variables are present in the Module.symvers file in the
> /lib/modules/<kernel version>/build directory. The kernel and the
> modules versions match. I ran make clean, make, and make
> modules_install before trying to load them. I am unable to figure out
> the problem. Where I might be going wrong any ideas ?

Were you expecting some module autoloading based on their internal
dependencies? If so, maybe someone on the linux-iio mailing list
could comment on that.

--
~Randy

  Last update: 2018-03-17 21:43    [W:0.045 / U:1.304 seconds]