SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] CRIS: Drop support for the CRIS-port
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Jesper Nilsson
<jesper.nilsson@axis.com> wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
>
> As promised, pull the below tag for the removal of the CRIS-port.
> There are still a few references to the CRIS port left, and they
> can be grouped into two categories:
>
> - Examples or references to the CRIS port as provenance.
> These I believe can be left as is.
>
> - The workarounds for CRIS not having "unpacked" structs.
> When I looked at it 10 years ago, CRIS was the only port
> that needed explicit alignment of some structs,
> due to pointers being valid at any byte offset in CRIS,
> which would wreak havoc with code that assumed that the
> lower bits of a pointer are free to use as flags.
> I'm leaving these in until we can say that no newer
> port has the same problem.
>
> Best regards,

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for the patch! I had done a slightly different approach, but
am merging your changes into my tree now. I already have separate
patches for each driver subsystem, so I'll keep my versions, having
already made sure that your changes were identical.

For Documentation/features and the Kconfig files that have lists
of architectures, I also have separate patches that do the changes
for all architectures, to avoid touching those files (up to) eight times
for one trivial change each. I could redo those, but since your patch
conflicts with David Howell's patch for mn10300, it's easier to keep
what I already have.

This leaves basically the removal of arch/cris along with the MAINTAINER
file update. I'm keeping the patch I did, but change the author and
changelog text to what you sent, with my Signed-off-by and a list
of my modifications) added below.

Hope that works for you.

Arnd

  Last update: 2018-03-12 21:22    [W:0.081 / U:0.076 seconds]