    SubjectRe: LKML admins (syzbot emails are not delivered)
    On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 9:03 PM, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
    > From: Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@google.com>
    > Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 17:22:54 +0100
    >
    >> The problem strikes back.
    >> Again people complain that a email does not appear on LKML:
    >> https://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg2735905.html
    >> Though, it appeared on syzkaller-bugs group:
    >> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller-bugs/OkwLGoS6UQA/hHAtCdnNBgAJ
    >> https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=syzkaller-bugs/OkwLGoS6UQA/hHAtCdnNBgAJ
    >> syzbot now receives and logs bounce notifications, but there were none...
    >
    > The problem is that the name 'kernelci.orgbot' has a special character
    > in it, namely "."
    >
    > And when such special characters occur in email headers, the string
    > in question must be surrounded by double quotes.
    >
    > People have to do this when they use my name "David S. Miller" as
    > well, for example.
    >
    > So I think if you put double quotes around kernelci.orgbot when it
    > is provided in email headers, the problem will go away.
    >
    > Please also make sure that multiple From: headers are not being
    > generated or anything like that.

    Thanks for looking into this, David!

    But I don't see kernelci.orgbot referenced anywhere in the emails.
    E.g. in the one that was linked above:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=syzkaller-bugs/OkwLGoS6UQA/hHAtCdnNBgAJ

    Which one do you mean? syzbot takes emails from get_maintainers.pl, I
    guess kernelci.orgbot is not usually there. And syzbot does not
    includes names, just email addresses.
    Could a dot in email address produce the same result? E.g.
    To: foo.bar@something.com
    ? I see such addresses in some of the emails (but not in the one
    referenced above).

    Is it possible to revive autoanswer@vger.kernel.org? It would
    hopefully allow us to debug this without bothering you.

    Possibly related, when I am searching for "syzkaller" I am finding
    entries like the following titled "This message generated a parse
    failure. Raw output follows here. Please use 'back' to navigate.".

    https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/3/10/73
    https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/2/27/581
    https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/2/22/774

    Could this "parse failure" explain the undelivered emails? How can I
    figure out what exactly caused the failure?

    Thanks again

      Last update: 2018-03-12 09:57    [W:3.243 / U:0.240 seconds]