SubjectRe: 4.16-rc3 fails to resume on MacBookPro10,1 -
Date
On Sunday, March 11, 2018 5:52:47 AM CET Andrew Worsley wrote:

> --94eb2c04c64405d3da05671bccce
>
> On 11 March 2018 at 00:16, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
> > Hi!

> >> This is 4.15 kernel with KPTI disabled:
> >> % grep PAGE_TABLE .config
> >> # CONFIG_PAGE_TABLE_ISOLATION is not set
> >>
> >> As I expected it appears no more infomative to me.
> >>
> >> What I really need is some clue as to what is supposed to be happening
> >> at this point.
> >
> > You may want to add some printks to see where it hangs.
> >
> > But maybe before that, you may want to test CPU hotplug, and make sure
> > s2ram works, etc...
> >
> > Perhaps basic-pm-debugging.txt is good place to start?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Pavel
> > --
>
> Ok - all the test modes work but a full s2ram hangs (never comes back)
> and obviously the resume full save to disk fails.

So there probably is a common cause to these failures and it most likely
is low-level.

It also seems to be specific to your system as S2RAM works for me w/
4.16-rc4 on a few machines and hibernation appears to work here too.

> I attach the following files:
>
> echo reboot > /sys/power/disk
> echo disk > /sys/power/state
> Then saved dmesg to file dmesg-reboot-disk-ok.txt

It is better to file a bug at bugzilla.kernel.org for these things,
as they don't always go through email in a good shape.

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2018-03-11 11:25    [W:0.045 / U:1.196 seconds]