SubjectRe: Removing architectures without upstream gcc support
On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 3:06 AM, Richard Kuo <rkuo@codeaurora.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:43:10PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> - How do I build an llvm based toolchain for Hexagon? Do I need patches
>> on top of the llvm-6 release branch? Where can I find the corresponding
>> binutils-2.30 sources?
>
> Just to follow up on this, the closest thing right now to compile the kernel
> for Hexagon is the toolchain included with the Hexagon SDK. However, the
> linker will fail because of something in the kernel build process that
> I think produces empty sections, which that linker can't handle. A newer
> linker can handle it, but that's not scheduled to be released until much later
> this year.
>
> That's actually the closest option currently. I tried the upstream source
> but it seems to lack some specific patches to support kernel compilation,
> so I will need to chase those down.

Thanks for trying it out. Can you point me to the sources? I tried downloading
a Hexagon SDK when I first looked at it, but only got a huge chunk of binary
java files and gave up before finding the llvm patches.

Arnd

  Last update: 2018-02-28 09:38    [W:0.131 / U:0.432 seconds]