SubjectRe: Removing architectures without upstream gcc support
On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/22/2018 07:45 AM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>
> Add blackfin to that list, there have been no responses from the
> maintainers last time I posted patches to remove DSA header files, so we
> had to go these through the networking tree. Have not see a Blackfin
> pull request since forever, Aaron himself seems to agree this should be
> removed:
>
> http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1801.1/04345.html

Peter Zijlstra also mentioned that one on IRC, I didn't have it on my radar
before. Like Tile, it has only recently been marked as Orphaned in MAINTAINERS,
so I'd be inclined to wait a little while to give possible users a
chance to step
up as new maintainers.

My plan for v4.17 is now:

- remove score, unicore and metag due to lack of toolchain
or interest from the maintainers.
- keep hexagon, and try to build an llvm/clang toolchain
- remove frv and m32r due to being abandoned for several years
- mark tile and blackfin for pending removal later this year unless
a new maintainer steps up
- mark mn10300 for pending removal unless it gets updated to
support chips that were made in the past 12 years and to build
properly.

Arnd

  Last update: 2018-02-26 09:29    [W:0.338 / U:0.248 seconds]