SubjectRe: Pull Request for linux-next
On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 07:54:22AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Tobin,
>
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 18:59:07 +1100 "Tobin C. Harding" <me@tobin.cc> wrote:
> >
> > Would it be possible to get the development tree for
> > scripts/leaking_addresses.pl included in Linux-next please.
> >
> > The tree is hosted on kernel.org
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tobin/leaks.git/
> >
> > I have created a branch called linux-next. This branch is not tagged or
> > signed. I'm super new to kernel maintainer branch management, ATM the
> > tree mirrors GregKH's staging tree setup i.e 3 branches
> >
> > master
> > leaks-testing
> > leaks-next
> >
> > Development done on leaks-testing. Once patches have been rinsed
> > through LKML move them to leaks-next. Any holes in that?
>
> That looks fine to me. I have added your leaks-next branch from
> today. It would be nice to see some Reviewed-by or Acked-by tags on
> your commits.

Yeah I know that would be awesome, there doesn't seem to be a lot of
interest in this script ATM. None of my recent patches have gotten any
comments what so ever. We have a second maintainer now though so
hopefully there will be at least two sets of eyes going over it.

> Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
> you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.

lol, that line made my heart jump into mouth ready for the comment to
come :)

> The purpose of
> linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
> conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.
>
> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
> * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
> Signed-off-by,
> * posted to the relevant mailing list,
> * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
> * successfully unit tested, and
> * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.
>
> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Cheers,
Tobin.[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]

  Last update: 2018-02-25 23:14    [W:0.052 / U:0.080 seconds]