SubjectRe: Removing architectures without upstream gcc support
> Regarding the older architectures I mentioned (m32r, frv, mn10300),
> the situation is a bit different as they don't have the problems with
> build testing but they do have problems with using less of the
> standard interfaces (syscall, timer, gpio, rtc, ...), so they do add
> more to the maintenance burden without the nostalgia value of
> some of the even older architectures (parisc, alpha, m68k, ia64)
> that people maintain mainly for fun.

IMHO the magic word is 'maintain'. If someone is actively maintaining it
then I don't think we should care too much, if not then while the code
may be buildable on current systems does anyone honestly think it works
properly if used in anger ?

Alan

  Last update: 2018-02-23 16:45    [W:0.180 / U:0.572 seconds]