SubjectRe: i8042 AUX port [serio1] suspend takes a second on Dell XPS 13 9360
Dear Mario,

Thank you for your reply.

Am 15.02.2018 um 16:22 schrieb Mario.Limonciello@dell.com:
> [...]

Indeed, analyzing the behavior on the current 8th generation Dell XPS 13
93*7*0 with the shipped Ubuntu with Linux 4.4.0-112-generic, the same
delay is visible.

> The order of events goes something like this:
> 1) Touchpad is initially in PS2 mode
> 2) psmouse loads
> 3) It reports that it may be supportable by a different bus
> 4) The sequence to switch to I2C mode happens
> 5) i2c-hid and hid-multitouch get loaded
> 6) psmouse is no longer functional
>
> Dmitry is there a way that we can connect the two events? When i2c-hid finds
> the touchpad notify psmouse to unload or at least stop trying to access it to prevent
> the problem Paul is talking about with suspend?

That would be great. Please tell me, if there is a bug tracker, where
this issue should reported to to track it.

Kind regards,

Paul

  Last update: 2018-02-21 10:23    [W:0.083 / U:0.744 seconds]