Subjectcollecting simple benchmark scripts?
Hi,

In a separate thread, some folks were looking for some simple
benchmarks for evaluating various changes to kernel internals (as
opposed to the much more focused things like xfstests). For me, this
has been an area of lore and passed-around scripts, and it seems like
maybe we should have a subdirectory of tools/testing/benchmarks/ or
something to collect these?

(Or maybe this already exists and I've totally missed it?)

I've got at least one micro-benchmark in
tools/testing/selftests/seccomp/seccomp_benchmark.c, and searches show
tools/testing/selftests/vm/gup_benchmark.c too, but I was thinking of
either more generali things more like the famous "kernel build
benchmark" or a wrapper for running hackbench to get some statistics
out of it, etc.

Or, I guess, at least collecting all the micro-benchmarks in some
single place, as they're a bit scattered.

I'm sure I'm not remotely the first person to bring this up, but my
attempts at searches for this have failed.

Thoughts?

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Pixel Security

  Last update: 2018-02-14 23:51    [W:0.051 / U:1.152 seconds]