    SubjectRe: [BREAKAGE] Since 4.18, kernel sets SB_I_NODEV implicitly on userns mounts, breaking systemd-nspawn
    Hi,
    I would like to thank you all for reacting to this issue so quickly, and
    I am really sorry for sending the message several time. I thought there
    was a problem with the way it was formatted or some such, hence why I
    sent it several times, because none of the messages seemed to get through.
    So yeah, real sorry about that bit, and thanking you all

    Gabriel C a écrit :
    > Am So., 23. Dez. 2018 um 00:02 Uhr schrieb Linus Torvalds
    > <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>:
    >>
    >> On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 2:49 PM Christian Brauner
    >> <christian.brauner@canonical.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> To be fair, no one apart from me was pointing out that it actually
    >>> breaks people including systemd folks
    >>> even though I was bringing it up with them. I even tried to fix all of
    >>> userspace after this got NACKED
    >>
    >> Seriously, the "we don't break user space" is the #1 rule in the
    >> kernel, and people should _know_ it's the #1 rule.
    >>
    >> If somebody ignores that rule, it needs to be escalated to me.
    >> Immediately. Because I need to know.
    >>

    > I do that usually but I didn't saw Christian's revert the time and I
    > never hit that issue.
    > Just saw that now because the unusual [BREAKAGE] prefix.
    >
    >> I need to know so that I can override the bogus NAK, and so that we
    >> can fix the breakage ASAP. The absolute last thing we need is some
    >> other user space then starting to rely on the new behavior, which just
    >> compounds the problem and makes it a *much* bigger problem.
    >>

    > Yes and you are right ..
    > https://github.com/lxc/lxc/pull/2438
    >
    > I've added an comment there about 4.20.0.
    >
    > BR,
    >
    > Gabriel

      Last update: 2022-09-17 16:05    [W:3.851 / U:0.204 seconds]