SubjectRe: Crash in msm serial on dragonboard with ftrace bootargs
On 11/16/2018 9:09 AM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM Srinivas Kandagatla
> <srinivas.kandagatla@linaro.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes, this is not the solution, but it proves that the hand-off between
>> booloaders and kernel is the issue.
>>
>> In general there is wider issue with resources hand-off between
>> bootloader and kernel.
>>
>> There has been some proposal in the past by Viresh for a new framework
>> called boot-constriants (https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/12/14/440) which am
>> not sure if its still actively looked at. But something similar should
>> be the way to address such issues.
>
> It isn't dead code yet and I am waiting to gain few more use-cases
> before I attempt
> to convince Greg again :)
>
> Here is the code..
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vireshk/linux.git boot-constraint
>
> --
> viresh

Maybe you can take this earlycon issue as a usecase.
I have added a boot constraint for earlycon on db410c and have sent a
patch. Whenever you repitch boot-constraint, you can add that as well :)

Thanks,
Sai

--
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

  Last update: 2018-11-16 11:50    [W:0.114 / U:1.108 seconds]