SubjectRe: [ftrace/kprobes PATCH 3/3] tracing/kprobes: Allow kprobe-events to record module symbol
On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 15:12:27 -0400
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 01:18:43 +0900
> Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> > Allow kprobe-events to record module symbols.
> >
> > Since data symbols in a non-loaded module doesn't exist, it fails to
> > define such symbol as an argument of kprobe-event. But if the kprobe
> > event is defined on that module, we can defer to resolve the symbol
> > address.
> >
> > Note that if given symbol is not found, the event is kept unavailable.
> > User can enable it but the event is not recorded.
> >

> Hi Masami,
>
> The first two patches look like they should be applied now and marked
> for stable, as they are fixes. This patch looks like an added feature,
> and will go into the next merge window.
>
> Is that what you think too?

Heh, I just realized that this is on my kprobes branch. I was looking
at it as if they were in mainline. Nevermind about the "stable"
comment ;-)

-- Steve

  Last update: 2018-10-04 03:12    [W:0.075 / U:0.808 seconds]