SubjectRe: [RFC v2 00/14] kunit: introduce KUnit, the Linux kernel unit testing framework
On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 2:14 AM Daniel Vetter <daniel@ffwll.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 04:57:36PM -0700, Brendan Higgins wrote:
<snip>
> > ## Changes Since Last Version
> >
> > - Updated patchset to apply cleanly on 4.19.
> > - Stripped down patchset to focus on just the core features (I dropped
> > mocking, spying, and the MMIO stuff for now; you can find these
> > patches here: https://kunit-review.googlesource.com/c/linux/+/1132),
> > as suggested by Rob.
> > - Cleaned up some of the commit messages and tweaked commit order a
> > bit based on suggestions.
>
> Do you have some example unit tests somewhere? The docs are all neat, but
> real example helps a lot with the tried&true art of copypasting :-)

Yes! So I have quite a few tests for KUnit itself, but they are mostly
in the patches that I cut from the previous version of the RFC:
https://kunit.googlesource.com/linux/+/c58019fb4fe15f820e51f857ae4ff14cd34075af/kunit/mock-macro-test.c
https://kunit.googlesource.com/linux/+/c58019fb4fe15f820e51f857ae4ff14cd34075af/kunit/mock-test.c
https://kunit.googlesource.com/linux/+/c58019fb4fe15f820e51f857ae4ff14cd34075af/kunit/string-stream-test.c
https://kunit.googlesource.com/linux/+/c58019fb4fe15f820e51f857ae4ff14cd34075af/kunit/test-stream-test.c
https://kunit.googlesource.com/linux/+/c58019fb4fe15f820e51f857ae4ff14cd34075af/kunit/test-test.c

There are some in this patchset (like here:
https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1002904/), but I should
probably include some more...

In any case, if you are looking for a more "realistic" example, you
could look at these sets of tests, which I think is pretty good, and
actually found a couple bugs in existing code:
https://kunit.googlesource.com/linux/+/e10484ad2f9fc7926412ec84739fe105981b4771/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-aspeed-test.c
https://kunit.googlesource.com/linux/+/4b41b1594ffeab70f1b4364721940cb909509d97/net/ipv6/route-test.c

> I'd like to give this a test spin with some of the unit tests we already
> have in drm. And especially figuring out how we could integrate this with
> our existing infrastructure.

Awesome! I am looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Cheers

  Last update: 2018-10-25 23:27    [W:0.233 / U:0.172 seconds]