    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] PCI: Support for configurable PCI endpoint
    On 03/27/2017 11:44 AM, Kishon Vijay Abraham I wrote:
    > Hi Bjorn,
    >
    > Please find the pull request for PCI endpoint support below. I've
    > also included all the history here.
    >
    > Changes from v4:
    > *) add #syscon-cells property and used of_parse_phandle_with_args
    > to perform a configuration in syscon module (as suggested by
    > Rob Herring)
    > *) Remove unnecessary white space.
    >
    > Changes from v3:
    > *) fixed a typo and adapted to https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/3/13/562.
    >
    > Changes from v2:
    > *) changed the configfs structure as suggested by Christoph Hellwig. With
    > this change the framework creates configfs entry for EP function driver
    > and EP controller. Previously these entries have to be created by the
    > the user. (Haven't changed the epc core or epf core except for invoking
    > configfs APIs to create entries for EP function driver and EP controller.
    > That's mostly because the EP function device can still be created by
    > directly invoking the epf core API without using configfs).
    > *) Now the user has to use configfs entry 'start' to start the link.
    > This was previously done by the function driver. However in the case of
    > multi function EP, the function driver shouldn't start the link.
    >
    > Changes from v1:
    > *) The preparation patches for adding EP support is removed and is sent
    > separately
    > *) Added device ID for DRA74x/DRA72x and used it instead of
    > using "PCI_ANY_ID"
    > *) Added userguide for PCI endpoint test function
    >
    > Major Improvements from RFC:
    > *) support multi-function devices (hw supported not virtual)
    > *) Access host side buffers
    > *) Raise MSI interrupts
    > *) Add user space program to use the host side PCI driver
    > *) Adapt all other users of designware to use the new design (only
    > compile tested. Since I have only dra7xx boards, the new design
    > has only been tested in dra7xx. I'd require the help of others
    > to test the platforms they have access to).
    >
    > This series has been developed over 4.11-rc1 + [1]
    > [1] -> https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/3/13/562
    >
    > Let me know if this has to be re-based to some of your branch.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kishon
    >
    > The following changes since commit 623e87fec8ab7867fb51b3079196bd10718a60ce:
    >
    > PCI: dwc: dra7xx: Push request_irq call to the bottom of probe (2017-03-22 20:35:30 +0530)
    >
    > are available in the git repository at:
    >
    > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kishon/pci-endpoint.git tags/pci-endpoint-for-4.12
    >
    > for you to fetch changes up to e98bf80074be4654faae42fe0f5a622a776b6fdd:
    >
    > ARM: DRA7: clockdomain: Change the CLKTRCTRL of CM_PCIE_CLKSTCTRL to SW_WKUP (2017-03-27 15:08:22 +0530)

    FWIW:
    I've tested Kishon's tag pci-endpoint-for-4.12
    and PCIe on artpec6 SoC is still working fine.

    I also included the DRA7xx PCIe driver in my
    kernel so that pcie-designware-ep.c gets built.

    My only worry is that the code in pcie-designware-ep.c
    is not compile tested if DRA7xx is not selected
    (as it is the only driver using PCIE_DW_EP at
    the moment).

      Last update: 2017-03-29 13:44    [W:27.618 / U:0.008 seconds]