SubjectRe: Failover root devices
> Better send a patch to dracut folks. :-)
> Major distros use it and if the feature is nice other initramfs implementations will adopt it too.

dracut is the common one sure, but I'm still not confident that it's the
right place to put this. How would that feature look? Would we have the
root= parameter use a format that's specific to dracut and no longer a
sane kernel parameter? Would we use a second parameter and discard the
root= parameter? I think all of these are suboptimal solutions. No, the
right way, I think, is to implement this in the kernel and let the init
systems take it from there themselves.

--
Drew DeVault

  Last update: 2015-09-17 20:21    [W:0.957 / U:0.232 seconds]